Mandeville school in Mandeville Drive opened in 1951. It was built on a field which was part of the old St Julian’s farm. Alan Beardmore was amongst the first Mandeville students when the school first opened in 1951. He remembers Miss Knight, the Headmistress, who used to drive a black Ford Popular. The teachers he remembers are: Mrs Robinson, Mr and Mrs Bridges, Mr Barker, Mr James, Mr Leiberman, Mr Mottershead. Of his fellow pupils he remembers: Russ Bowman, David Elsdon, Alan Peacock, Brian Harrington, Peter Toms, Keith Wilson, Raymond Edwards, Michael Curtis, Susanne Fieber, Sheila Acres, Valerie Seabrook, Elaine Merritt, Carole White, Clive Wallis, Anthony King and Ronald Harris. The school celebrated its Diamond Jubilee in 2012, a year late, to coincide with the opening of the extensive additions to the building.
Leave a comment