Mercers was a family run marine chronometer manufacturing business. The firm started in 1858 in Clerkenwell London by the founder, Thomas Mercer. Thomas was born in St Helen’s Lancashire in 1822. St Helen’s was said to be the centre of… More about ‘Mercer Chronometers’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Mandeville school - Jenny Huggard and Jose Sena
- Memories of racism - Velma Richards
- Living in Holyrood Crescent - Jenny Huggard and Jose Sena
- Home page
- Murder in the allotments
- Our Sopwell history book
- Living in Ramsbury Road - Anne Wares
- Memories of the 1930s - Dorothy Grummitt
- Why I like living in Riverside Road - Barry Bateman
- About us