There was a gun emplacement with a searchlight in Sopwell. It was situated in the fields before the estate was built approximately where Nuns Lane meets Cottonmill Lane. Gloria Morris remembers her mother pointing it out to her when they… More about ‘World War II searchlight – Gloria Morris’»
Posts Tagged: London blitz
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- St Stephen's 1851 - 1911
- Memories of Sunday schools and dancing - Sue Bentley
- Childhood - Margaret Brown
- St Stephen's Vicarage and garden
- Hatfield - St Albans Railway (Alban Way)
- Murder at London Road station
- The building of Doggetts and Wilshere
- Watercress industry in Park Street - Roy Pinnock