Once there were four shops in Cottonmill Lane built when the Mentmore estate was constructed in 1938-9, two either side. Margaret shares her memories of them. She also recalls the delivery vans that called round selling all sorts of goods… More about ‘Shops and deliveries – Margaret Brown’»
Posts Tagged: Cottonmill Lane. Park corner
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- The youth club in Leyland Avenue - John Buckingham
- Murder at London Road station
- A portrait of Longmire Road in 1911
- Contact us
- Memories of Mandeville School - Kelvin Callow
- Prefabs - Tavistock Avenue
- Cottonmill Club and the King Offa - Rob Edwards
- River Ver from Holywell Hill to Park Street