Lydia Lightfoot was born in St Albans in 1875. Her father was George Lightfoot born in 1844 in St Albans and christened at St Peter Church. He started out as a labourer to a bricklayer eventually becoming a builder in later… More about ‘Lydia Lightfoot of Holywell Hill’»
Posts Tagged: A.C. Wells Chemists
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Murder at London Road station
- Home page
- Cottonmill Club
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- Cottonmill Club and the King Offa - Rob Edwards
- History of St Peter's School
- Chris Wilkinson's army surplus vehicles yard
- The Railway Tavern - a forgotten Sopwell Pub
- Beer and entertainment - Grant Peerless
- Our Sopwell history book