The following description of the people who lived in the area around St Stephen’s Church is derived from the census returns from 1851 to 1911. Watling Street is not mentioned. People who lived in that area were just living in… More about ‘St Stephen’s 1851 – 1911′»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Murder at London Road station
- Cottonmill Club
- Memories of the coalman
- Cottonmill Club and the King Offa - Rob Edwards
- Educational Resources
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- Growing up on the Cottonmill Estate - Kelvin Callow
- History of St Peter's School
- Wilshere Avenue childhood memories - Brian Gilson