William Longmire (1812 – 1887) was a builder. His business was in London but he had connections with St Albans and at one point owned two houses in Prospect Road, numbers 23 and 25. He lived on and off in number 25,… More about ‘William Longmire’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Our More Memories of Sopwell blog
- Our Sopwell history book
- Home page
- Sopwell Mill
- Living next to the gasworks and railway lines - John Buckingham
- Life in the 1940s and 1950s - Russ Bowman
- Waterworks Pumping Station Holywell Hill
- Cottonmill area - Margaret Brown
- Working for the water board - Brian Welch