William Longmire (1812 – 1887) was a builder. His business was in London but he had connections with St Albans and at one point owned two houses in Prospect Road, numbers 23 and 25. He lived on and off in number 25,… More about ‘William Longmire’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- River Ver from Holywell Hill to Park Street
- 19th St Albans Scouts - Tony Prior
- Memories of Mandeville School - Kelvin Callow
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- Waterworks Pumping Station Holywell Hill
- Playing in the river - John Buckingham
- Betty Entwistle House
- Prefabs - Tavistock Avenue
- Lydia Lightfoot of Holywell Hill