William Longmire (1812 – 1887) was a builder. His business was in London but he had connections with St Albans and at one point owned two houses in Prospect Road, numbers 23 and 25. He lived on and off in number 25,… More about ‘William Longmire’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- History of the Gasworks
- Cottonmill Club
- Wilshere Avenue childhood memories - Brian Gilson
- St John's Church - Kathy Sinfield
- Roots in St Vincent - Adelle Stapleton
- Memories of St Stephen's Vicarage and Rev. Hart-Synnot - Brian and Brenda Gilson
- Fatal accident on the railway line - Adelle Stapleton
- Home page
- Rev. Anthony Hart-Synnot
- Vesta Avenue shops