Mercers was a family run marine chronometer manufacturing business. The firm started in 1858 in Clerkenwell London by the founder, Thomas Mercer. Thomas was born in St Helen’s Lancashire in 1822. St Helen’s was said to be the centre of… More about ‘Mercer Chronometers’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- A portrait of Longmire Road in 1911
- Tavistock Avenue
- Memories of St Stephen's Vicarage and Rev. Hart-Synnot - Brian and Brenda Gilson
- Rev. Anthony Hart-Synnot
- Memories of schooldays and work - Rob Edwards
- Memories of the Westminster Lodge and Prospect Road area - Grant Peerless
- Murder at London Road station
- Flint Cottages, Hedges Farm
- Living in Sopwell Gate Lodge - Mrs Terry