Velma Richards came to St Albans in 1964. Her family came from St Kitts in the Caribbean and her great granddad fought in World War II. Her daughter, Jasmine, was shocked when she found out how black people were treated… More about ‘Memories of racism – Velma Richards’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Tavistock Avenue
- Murder at London Road station
- Memories of Mandeville School - Kelvin Callow
- St Stephen's Vicarage and garden
- History of St Peter's School
- Memories of St Stephen's Vicarage and Rev. Hart-Synnot - Brian and Brenda Gilson
- Scout groups in Sopwell
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- Memories of the coalman