In 1865, a six mile single-track branch line from St Albans to Hatfield originally run by the Hatfield and St Albans Railway Company was opened. The line terminated at London Road and was first called St Albans GNR and then… More about ‘London Road station – Valerie Robertson’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Mandeville school
- St Julian's Tavistock Sunday School
- Our Sopwell history book
- Memories of St Julian's farm - Mrs Terry
- Abbots Avenue Bridge
- A walk down Cottonmill Lane 2 - John Buckingham
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- A walk down Cottonmill Lane 1 - John Buckingham
- Life in the 1940s and 1950s - Russ Bowman