Melba has lived in Sopwell for over sixty years. She maintains that she is the oldest person in her street. When Melba first came to Leyland Avenue, it was more of a community and she knew everyone in the street… More about ‘Living in Leyland Avenue – Melba Buckingham’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Murder at London Road station
- Watling View fire station - Michael Clark
- London Road station - Valerie Robertson
- Ice house on the golf course - Bill Mackenzie
- Working life in St Albans - Russ Bowman
- Living in Cottonmill Lane - Adelle Stapleton
- Sopwell Mill
- St Stephen's Vicarage and garden
- Watercress industry in Sopwell - Roy Pinnock