Jasim Uddin, born 1970 in Sylhet Bangladesh, tells the story of his father who came to St Albans in the 1960s and the jobs he had. Later he owned the first Indian restaurant in Hertfordshire, the Koh-I-Noor in George Street.… More about ‘Stories of an immigrant family from Bangladesh – Jasim Uddin’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Memories of a milkman - Michael Clark
- St Stephen's 1851 - 1911
- St Stephen's Vicarage and garden
- Murder at London Road station
- Memories of Sunday schools and dancing - Sue Bentley
- Hatfield - St Albans Railway (Alban Way)
- Childhood - Margaret Brown
- The building of Doggetts and Wilshere
- Wilshere Avenue childhood memories - Brian Gilson