Barry moved to St Albans from Crouch End in May 1988. He chose to live in Riverside Road in Sopwell. Riverside Road started off as Longmire Road and had a bad reputation as a poor area. Nowadays it is seen… More about ‘Why I like living in Riverside Road – Barry Bateman’»
Index of all categories
Use the Search panel if you are looking for something specific, or browse our categories and tags and pick one that looks interesting to you.
If you are looking for a specific name, e.g. John Smith, or for a term with two or more words, then it is best to put double quotation marks around them, e.g. “John Smith”. Note: The search facility is not case sensitive, so it does not matter if you write a search term in upper or lower case or a mixture of both. Also, the search does not look for whole-word matches; cases where only part of a word matches your search will also be found.
Most popular content
- Home page
- Mandeville school
- St Julian's Tavistock Sunday School
- Our Sopwell history book
- Memories of St Julian's farm - Mrs Terry
- Abbots Avenue Bridge
- A walk down Cottonmill Lane 2 - John Buckingham
- Our Sopwell History Walks leaflets
- A walk down Cottonmill Lane 1 - John Buckingham
- Life in the 1940s and 1950s - Russ Bowman